A dental emergency can be extremely upsetting or painful. Whether you or a loved one are experiencing dental discomfort, you shouldn’t have to wait to get the help you need. We are always happy to offer emergency dental services. In most cases, we’re able to see patients at on the same day you contact us. Don’t hesitate to call our team at any time. We’re here to help you whenever you need us most.
If we’re unable to see you the day you contact us, we’ll be happy to discuss at-home first aid and pain management you can perform until you reach our office.
If you’re unsure whether or not your current oral health concern requires urgent care, we would encourage you to call our team anyway. We’ll help you evaluate your condition and determine how quickly you need to receive care.
How to Deal with a Dental Emergency?
The Paige Prather Smiles team recommends patients follow these instructions during a dental emergency:
- Call us immediately at 615-716-0336
- Rinse the affected area with warm water to remove debris
If any area is bleeding, apply gentle pressure using sterile gauze or a clean cloth
- Prevent swelling and inflammation by applying a cold compress for twenty minutes at a time
- If you begin to experience symptoms such as swelling in the neck or below the chin, difficulty swallowing or trouble breathing you need to seek emergency care immediately.
- If you believe your emergency may be life-threatening or require treatments from medical professionals, we would encourage you to go to your local emergency room where Dr. Prather will be happy to partner with doctors to renew your oral and overall health